Standard Return Goods Policy
- All returns must be authorized by a Valuemed designated employee.
- Each request must include a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) form to be included in return shipment.
- The RGA form must be completed by a Valuemed customer service representative, who will advise method of transportation and shipping instructions.
- Goods shipped in error by Valuemed are to be returned collect – NO restocking charge will be applied.
- Goods returned in error by customer are subject to restocking charges or shipping charges to be determined at time of authorization.
- Returns are NOT authorized for the following:
- Any item not purchased from Valuemed
- Any item purchased on a “special order basis” (unless vendor will accept the item)
- Expired or short dated products (less than six (6) months dating)
- Any product for which special storage is required (i.e. refrigeration)
- Partial units of sale or unsalable merchandise
- Items past seven (7) days of receipt of goods
- Products not in resalable condition or not in original packaging
7. Goods returned as a result of a recall or determined defective by manufacturer or transit conditions will be returned prepaid by Valuemed upon authorization. In some cases a Destruction of Goods form may be issued for distributors on site.
Damaged Goods Policy
Procedures for handling damaged goods and freight claims:
- Inspect all shipments the day they are received and report any short shipments or damaged goods to a Valuemed customer service representative within three (3) business days.
- Any shipments damaged in transit require an inspection from the delivering carrier.
- Noticeable damage must be noted on the consignee copy of the freight bill at the time of the delivery, or the claim will be disallowed.
- Inspection results in damage report, which is mandatory when filing a claim, as per department of transport regulations.
- Retain the merchandise in received packaging until carrier inspection is completed.
- Contact the delivering carrier for the inspection time within three (3) days of receipt of goods.
- Notify Valuemed’s customer service representative and provide all detailed supporting information.
Defective Goods Policy
Procedures for handling defective goods:
- Contact Valuemed with information including device identifier, date purchased, lot/serial number.
- Valuemed will forward Complaint Handling Form to ensure all information is captured for next steps.
- Quarantine all products at your site until Valuemed instructs next steps.
- Since Valuemed is a distributor of products, we will need to notify the manufacturer with all information. In most cases the manufacturer will determine the next course of action.
- To ensure needs are met in the meantime, Valuemed will search for alternative lots of products to send to customer until disposition of defective product is determined. Substitutes may need to be purchased.
- In all cases replacement product will need to enter client as an order with costs. Credits will be issued as appropriate based on the manufacture’s direction on defective product.
- If defective goods move to recall – Recall procedure will follow to determine what goods are still required to be returned.
There are no warranties, which extend beyond the description and directions set for the product on the labeling of the products purchased from Valuemed. Unless products are used according to directions on the label or manufactures instruction inserts, all warranties expressed or implied, including warranty or merchant ability or fitness, are specifically excluded.