****Due to manufacturer shortage, this item may not be available at the time of your order and cannot be backordered onto your account. If this item is unavailable, it will be removed from your order.****
Please contact us by phone if you have any questions.
Our toll free number is 1-800-919-8444
EpiPenÂ® has been trusted for over 25 years to treat severe allergic reactions.
The EpiPenÂ® Auto-Injector is a disposable, pre-filled automatic injection device that administers epinephrine in the event of a severe allergic reaction.
EpiPenÂ® contains epinephrine, a medication that can help decrease your bodyâ€™s allergic reaction by:
- Relaxing the muscles in your airways to make breathing easier
- Helping to reverse the rapid and dangerous decrease in blood pressure
- Relaxing the muscles in the stomach, intestines and bladder
In 2010, EpiPenÂ® was re-designed to make it easy for you to use in a severe allergic emergency.
- Increased the size of the instructions to make them easy to read.
- Altered the shape of the body, to make it easy to grip.
- Changed the needle cover to a bright orange colour and labelled it "NEEDLE END" for quick and easy orientation.
- Made it easy to access EpiPenÂ® in an emergency by adding a flip-top cap to the carrier.
- Added an orange needle cover that automatically extends to cover the injection needle once EpiPenÂ® is removed, ensuring the needle is never exposed.
*The blue safety release and orange needle cover are designed to be easily distinguished by people who are colour blind.